1. I am grateful for the lovely night’s stay at my friends Piers and Belinda’s home, along with their three sweet children.
2. I am thankful to have the chance to quickly catch up with my friend Phil back from my New Zealand days.
3. I am grateful that the weather was decent for our drive over the Rimutakas Hills to Wellington.
4. I am thankful that Nadia and Bradley were excited about their stay at a youth hostel.
5. I am grateful for the nice cafe we found to have lunch in.
6. I am grateful that I have my new rain/ wind proof jacket to keep me warm and dry in Windy and Wet Wellington.
7. I am thankful to have the chance to see so many animals at the Wellington Zoo – kiwi bird, tuatara, giraffe, blue penguin, otter, lion, tiger, dingo, African wild dog, red panda, chimpanzee, Tawny Frogmouth (a bird), parrot, parakeet, baboon, emu and cheetah.
8. I am thankful that we had some moments at the zoo where it was not raining and the sun actually shone.
9. I am grateful to have Jeannie as a friend all these years. We do not keep in touch regularly but each time I see her it feels as if we had never been apart – except our children have grown!
10. I am thankful for strong hot powerful showers at the end of a day.