The one night you try to sleep early. The night before you have to get up early. You even did some sleepy time yoga. You made sure you did not have any caffeine after 12 noon. You had a bath. You read. You kept the TV off.
But. You're in a strange bed. In a hotel. Even with your blankie there, it happens.
Your Sleep disappeared. It just vanished. One minute it was right there, within reach. The next moment, gone.
And here you are, drawing, writing, reading some more. Hoping Sleep would somehow come crawling back. And soon, not at 3am…
It was strange flying today.
People at the airport were either talking about or reading about the missing Malaysian Airline flight.
I did have a few morbid thoughts along the way but I have too much to live for and eventually my thoughts went back to how grateful I am to be here, on my way to do work that I love.
I am thankful for…
1. Arriving safely in Taipei.
2. A nice taxi driver who stayed awake! (He did scare me a bit when he started to drift and swerve…)
3. Being alive. (Please refer to no.2)
4. The nice and clean hotel that I stay in whenever I come to Taipei.
5. Dedicated artists who create beautiful work, from handmade soaps to delicate jewelry.
6. Yummy night market food!
7. Refreshing green tea with a dash of fresh grapefruit.
8. Finding a Mother’s Day present.
9. Hot baths.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted my doodles.
I’m back in the mood to draw again!