My niece (whom I talk about a lot, I know) just recently started primary school in Taiwan.
This doodle is for her.
To remind her that each day, we courageously embark on a new journey.
Some of us go to school.
Some of us go to work.
Some of us go far.
Some of us have to trudge in the same place for a while till things work out.
It’s never easy for anyone.
So be courageous, be kind and know that you are not alone when you feel weak, vulnerable or weepy.
We have all been there.
So hold your head up. Smile. Walk in like you own the world.
One of the best advice that I ever got was…
“Don’t talk about yourself all the time, you are not that interesting.”
In my quest to discover interesting, intelligent and WISE people, I met a lot of people who only talk about themselves.
And they confirmed that piece of advice I mentioned just now.
These people are usually not that interesting, and they usually don’t realize that all they talk about is themselves.
So I learnt to shut up and listen.
Not just because I’d like to be more interesting, but also because I am listening for real wisdom in others. People who have something that I can learn from.
These people usually don’t talk as much.
You have to listen really intently to hear what they have to say.
2. I am thankful that my mother gave me timely advice that helped through a conundrum.
3. I am grateful that I can let go of my own desire to be right.
4. I am thankful for the pleasant weather today – still warm but with hints of autumn.
5. I am grateful for the lovely tram ride today – I listened to stories on podcast and felt very happy.
6. I am thankful that I have a daughter to share laughing matter that I would not otherwise share with anyone else – because she “gets” me.
7. I am grateful that I have wicked friends who have a wicked sense of humour.
8. I am thankful for the Zen Buddhist advice that my friend Jake shared on Facebook tonight – Eat when hungry, drink when thirsty and sleep when tired. ( I am hoping to chalk up enough karmic points in this life so I can be a cat in my next life in order to do just that.)
9. I am thankful that I have amazing friends who do amazing things.
10. I am thankful that I have super supportive colleagues who do super supportive things!