9:00am text message – Thank you for listening x
What a lovely way to make someone’s day.
I have had to travel a great deal for work lately.
Sometimes, I hesitate to message my friends to ask how they are because I am worried that I won’t have enough time to really listen to them.
So when someone messages me to ask how I am, it really makes me so happy.
My friends, I might be busy, but I am thinking of you.
1. I am thankful for a relatively good night’s sleep.
2. I am grateful that the medicine is helping me.
3. I am thankful for a smooth morning of errands and other tasks getting done.
4. I am grateful for the happy lunch we had in honor of the birthdays of our so Frenchmen.
5. I am thankful for having such caring colleagues who think of things that I didn’t think of.
6. I am grateful that I could find affordable tickets to Taiwan for Chinese New Year holiday.
7. I am grateful for the lovely roast chicken dinner and chocolate tart from my Jen!
8. I am grateful that the next three days will be in a country I have never yet visited – Korea!
9. I am thankful that my daughter has at least two back up mothers whenever I am traveling or busy.
10. I am thankful for wake up calls like getting sick – it’s time to start looking after myself a bit better.
Today’s Angry Bird cupcake!
Once upon a time, I lived in New Zealand.
One thing I liked about the Kiwis is their hospitality.
Their wide open homes, their generosity and their warmth.
Upon my return this trip for a visit and a holiday, I was warmly welcomed to the home of Kirsty and Scott.
Kirsty and I had only exchanged messages on Facebook after her son, Bradley (my daughter’s boyfriend) came to stay in Hong Kong last year.
When I mentioned that I was visiting NZ, Kirsty immediately offered for me to stay with them.
The room that Kirsty had prepared for me had little details that showed her warmth and attention.
I slept so well (12 hours +), which is unusual for someone who misses her own bed all the time.
Everything from the gift on the bed to the extra blanket… Thank you Kirsty for making me feel not only welcomed but also very comfortable and at ease in your home.