This does not require any explanation.
This does not require any explanation.
That first sip of coffee is sometimes the reason I get out of bed.
This year, one of my goals is to finish the entire Harry Potter series – seven books in total.
My daughter has been trying to convince me for years to read them.
I finally started at the end of last year, and so far am really enjoying it!
The joy of reading is something that I appreciate.
Even in the age of Netflix, it’s still a wonderful feeling to curl up in bed with a good you don’t want to put down.
This all started over a FaceTime chat with my dear friend Deane.
She had the idea of doing a 28 day challenge and to share it amongst friends.
Hers is along health, fitness, family, friends and self care.
I wanted to draw again.
I am thankful for long distance friends.
And thankful for FaceTime that allows us to connect.
My friend is doing a 28 Day Challenge, and I said I’d join by doing 28 days of drawings of things that I appreciate.
I have been drawing, just a bit behind on the posting.
I want to thank my GG Running Club members and our coach for giving me the chance to appreciate how fun it is to run. And how great it feels to be able to run.
I may not be running that fast or that far yet, but at least I am running!
Some days are just filled with as much frustration as there are things to be grateful for.
It’s better to find sweetness in those small moments than to let the disappointments get you down.
I can do this.
Less than 50 days.
Before make resolutions and celebrate the new year, let’s make a gratitude list of 2017.
Top of my list.
My daughter will finish university this year and step into a new phase of her life.
I am thankful that her hard work has been rewarded.
That she is a down to earth young woman.
That she has found new passions and overcome challenges in this past year.
That she has emerged a champion and a young Wonder Woman.
I drew a doodle of how I imagine her as a YO-PRO!
Having a heavy Peking style dinner on a Monday evening means a sleepless Monday night.
Thankfully, I made it through my big Tuesday workshop.
I am also grateful for…
1. A happy evening celebrating my friend Triny’s engagement.
2. Brutal honesty and the quality of being human Teflon – some things are not meant to stick.
3. The support work that my colleagues do behind the scenes.
4. A very successful workshop in spite of the politics involved.
5. Revisiting a great little cafe that serves great coffee.
6. Seeing the kids in a great happy mood.
7. Thinking about a holiday.
8. Funny conversations.
9. Great tandas at tango.
10. The beautiful time I have had at the Helena May, dancing tango. Thank you.
The Helena May.
I will miss the chandeliers.
I am feeling a bit more rested and my energy level is a bit better today.
On this Sunday, I am thankful for…
1. Pepper being so compliant when I gave her a haircut – she looks good!
2. Finding a very nice and cheap non stick frying pan.
3. Getting my hair trimmed.
4. Endorphins – post exercise.
5. Seeing my daughter happy.
6. A nice home cooked dinner with lots of green vegetables.
7. Saying goodbye to that heavy hearted feeling.
8. Realizing that some people may mean well but their approach might not be right for me.
9. Doing laundry – having the luxury of a washer and a dryer.
10. Living in comfort – I have everything that I need.
The week had just started, somehow I am a little more tired than usual.
Although complaining does not change things, I feel I have to be more honest sometimes with myself. And I am honestly tired.
I am thankful for…
1. Making tiny progress with my meditation practice.
2. Successful workshops with great participants.
3. My beautiful colleagues with hearts of gold.
4. My puppy Pepper and her unconditional love.
5. Blissfully sleeping till morning.
6. Having good hair days.
7. Fascinating conversations.
8. Doing steps I learnt in tango.
9. Very enjoyable tandas at tango.
10. Listening to people who speak with genuine passion and knowledge.