Sundays are tough for people who are sad.
It is the one day before the week starts again.
It is the day you feel obliged to make the most of.
It is the day when the world expects you to be happy.
And yet, it is often the saddest day of the week for you when you are sad.
Sadness need not be a black hole that swallows you and everything that goes with it.
Sadness is darkness.
All it takes is a match, a torch, or a lone star to light your way back.
I love the darkness for it shows me the stars. And the moon.
I hope this makes you smile in your darkness too, if you are having a particularly sad Sunday.
confession, doodles, gratitude list, how to, How to..., love, luminous doodles, mantra, Only The Courageous, personalised doodles, the dark side
alifesoluminous, art, darkness, datk sode, doodles, draw, Inspiration, love, Luminous, melancholia, sadness, simple, Simplicity, stars
Tonight, we saw stars.
We saw the moon.
We saw Jupiter.
doodles, Happiness is..., love, luminous doodles, personalised doodles
doodle, friendship, happiness, joy, Jupiter, love, Luminous, moon, night sky, sharing, stars, you and me
1. I am grateful for yet another lovely day at work – really nice people in my workshop.
2. I am thankful for discovering a nice little restaurant for lunch.
3. I am grateful for the time I had today to sort things out for next week.
4. I am thankful for my sweet friends in Tokyo whom I am going to see soon!
5. I am grateful for Facebook reconnecting me with friends from my Atlantic College days – it’s just special beyond words.
6. I am thankful for wonderful secluded places that are beautiful and chilled out.
7. I am grateful for conversations that make you forget time exists.
8. I am grateful for conversations that make you laugh with abandonment.
9. I am thankful for the stars tonight.
10. Thank you for your presence – I really enjoy being around you.
We walked outside tonight.
Looked up, and there was a blanket of stars in the sky.
From the first time I had ever visited New Zealand, I could never quite believe my eyes when I look up at the night sky.
It is just as beautiful by day, but my doodles would not do it justice, so I will post a photo.
However, my iPhone cannot quite capture the stars, so a doodle of mine will have to suffice.
Happiness is..., luminous doodles, travel doodles
appreciation, astronomy, doodles, Gratitude, love, Luminous, New Zealand, stars, travel
1. I am super thankful for the beautiful and glorious weather today – perfect for driving.
2. I am thankful for the smooth driving skills of my two young drivers.
3. I am thankful for the great road conditions and other drivers on the road who made the day easy for us all.
4. I am grateful to see an old friend Piers, his lovely wife Belinda and their three sweet little children – Japhy, Enzo and Juno.
5. I am thankful for the sweet little princess room that I get to sleep in tonight!
6. I am thankful for well insulated and fireplace warmed homes.
7. I am thankful for homes that are filled with the warmth of love and friendship.
8. I am grateful that after all these years, my friends stay the same.
9. I am grateful that my daughter has such a caring man as her godfather.
10. I am thankful for the amazing skies of New Zealand – beautiful clouds by day and millions of stars at night.
appreciation, children, clouds, fireplace, friendship, Gratitude, love, Masterton, New Zealand, Road trip, skies, stars, travel, warmth
Darkness and light.
The Dark Side and the Force.
I have always liked thought, quotes and writings that discuss these two seemingly opposing forces but really complementary energies.
Without one, you won’t have the other.
A life so luminous also has a dark side.
And it’s a side that I appreciate.
As Og Mandino says,”it shows me the stars.”
doodles, Happiness is..., How to..., love, luminous doodles, mantra
beliefs, darkness, happiness, hope, joy, light, love, Luminous, nspiration, Og Mandino, quotes, stars