Some days are just that little bit worse than others.
Maybe I’m tired.
Haven’t slept well.
Been a little too busy.
Maybe I just miss you.
And all I needed was for you to be there for me.
And you listened.
Life is never dull.
Life is always filled with drama.
Well, at least my life feels this way!
Yet, the things that I am grateful for makes me smile and go on.
I am thankful for…
1. Courage – to stop what is not good for me.
2. Strength – to soldier on.
3. Wisdom – to know which battles are worth fighting for.
4. Humour – to find hilarity in the toughest situations.
5. Friendship – to know that your love for me is free from judgement.
6. Family – to be there for me, with no questions asked.
7. Calmness – to look at the storm and not be bothered.
8. Quietude – to find peace in the noise.
9. Discipline – to not let outer calamity spoil my inner tranquility.
10. Love – to know that love can conquer all.
In the last 10 days, I have been enjoying a lovely time in Taiwan with my family for Chinese New Year.
So I am back again, with a condensed list for the past 10 days.
I am thankful for…
1. My family members’ health and happiness.
2. My mother’s cooking – how I have missed it.
3. Happy Birthday celebrations for my father (78 years young) and my niece (5 years old).
4. My brother – my one and only sibling – he makes me laugh, cry and realize that sharing DNA goes a lot further than just looking like each other.
5. My stepfather Hilton – the quiet steady rock.
6. Fun times – amusement parks, roller coasters, shopping, games…
7. Taiwanese food – spicy hot pots, bubble tea and street side snacks.
8. Unexpected sweetness in the form of a simple question.
9. My daughter and her boyfriend – just so easy to be with.
10. Time to stop, time to think and time to just be.
I have missed making my lists.
It feels good to be back!
Blues skies of the eternally sunny Taichung city of Taiwan.
Blossoms – Spring in Taiwan – taken at West Lake Park in Taichung.
1. I am grateful for my building supervisor, the little old Mr. Lee, who looks after me so well.
2. I am grateful that my water tap has been fixed and my water pressure is back to normal again!
3. I am grateful that a taxi came along just as I stepped out the door this morning.
4. I am thankful for the lovely little old cab driver who sang to me this morning, serenading me and totally changing my mood.
5. I am grateful that what I thought would have been a very tough day turned out to be great fun and downright hilarious.
6. I am thankful that I have a new colleague who is very caring, supportive and competent.
7. I am thankful that everything went smoother than planned.
8. I am grateful for the beautiful list of activities that my daughter had come up with her boyfriend (all the things we would do when I go to New Zealand!!!) I am just too excited.
9. I am grateful for the surprise dinner invitation tonight when I was too tired to even think about food.
10. I am thankful for the love ice creams that you had left in my refrigerator.