When we focus our thoughts on the past, we have two choices.
We can be grateful for what happened.
Or we can be filled with resentment, and wonder “Why me?”
When we focus our thoughts on the future, we also have two choices.
We can be filled with wonder and curiosity.
Excited to see what the future holds.
Or we can be filled with anxiety, worrying about what could go wrong.
And again, wonder, “Why me?”
When we focus our thoughts on the now, we live in the moment.
It is what it is, and we are here, in the now, and nowhere else.
To be entirely present, we look at ourselves in peace.
We stop comparing ourselves, stop feeling that we are not enough.
We have gratitude and appreciation.
Because we cannot change the past, and we cannot control the future.
Our perception is the source of all misery, and the source of peace.
Easier said than done.
Practice, practice, practice.
doodles, gratitude list, Happiness is..., how to, How to..., love, luminous doodles, mantra, Only The Courageous, personalised doodles, Very Very Very Short Stories
a life so luminous, alifesoluminous, appreciation, Beauty, Buddhism, care, change, courage, courageous, doodle, doodles, drawing, drawings, Gratitude, happiness, How to be happy, joy, life, love, luminosity, Luminous, Luminous doodles, madewithpaper, mantra, meditation, mindfulness, moments, paper, paperby53, philosophy, sharing, short story, simple, Simplicity, support, thankful, thankfulness, thoughts, zen
When you open your mouth, what comes out?
Mud? Filth? Negativity? Useless comments? Meaningless uttering?
Beautiful flowers that rise from the mud? Generous praises and kind words? Appreciation and thankfulness?
This stoic reminder is so simple, but so hard to do.
I like to imagine what spills from my mouth so that I do not speak words in hate, anger or frustration. It is a daily practice that I do not often succeed at.
conundrum, doodles, how to, How to..., luminous doodles, mantra, Only The Courageous
a life so luminous, alifesoluminous, appreciation, artwork, Beauty, Buddhism, Confession, courage, doodle, doodles, draw, drawing, drawings, Gratitude, happiness, how to, How to be happy, Inspiration, joy, life, luminosity, Luminous, luminous doodle, Luminous doodles, madewithpaper, mantra, meditation, mindfulness, paperby53, philosophy, sharing, Simplicity, stoic, stoicism, thankful, thankfulness, thoughts, zen
Yesterday I reconnected with a dear friend in Italy.
We met when we were very young, in a magical castle in Wales.
Now we are mothers, entrepreneurs, businesswomen and still great friends.
She reminded me of why and how I started this blog and these drawings.
I am not only thankful for her friendship, but also for her reminder that our small actions may have great impact on others.
This post is for you Laura, thank you.
doodles, gratitude list, Happiness is..., luminous doodles, personalised doodles
alifesoluminous, appreciation, art, doodle, draw, friendship, Gratitude, happiness, Inspiration, paper, pen, Simplicity, thankful
Earlier this month I went to New Zealand to celebrate my daughter’s 21st birthday. On the day of my arrival, I met her flatmates, Eilish and Amelia. Amelia thought I looked/ seemed familiar but could not figure out why. During …
doodles, gratitude list, Happiness is..., luminous doodles, Only The Courageous, personalised doodles
amazing, art, artwork, chance, connection, doodle, doodles, drawing, encounters, grateful, Gratitude, happiness, Inspiration, law of attraction, Luminous, magic, magical, meeting, New Zealand, philosophy, serendipity, thankful, universe, Wellington
It’s a good day to be thankful for those small things in life.
I am not talking about a tiny wild flower, or a smile from a child.
I’d like to be thankful for jalapeños.
Those tiny green spicy bombs that make your mouth explode and your eyes cry.
How do you like your jalapeños?
Do you like them at all?
doodles, gratitude list, Happiness is..., personalised doodles
appreciation, art, artwork, cartoon, doodle, doodles, draw, drawing, food, grateful, Gratitude, jalapeño, life, philosophy, small things, spice, spicy, thankful
My Top 10 List for New Zealand
1. Blanket of stars
2. Kiwi hospitality
2. Beautiful Mount Taranaki
3. Amazing clouds
4. Breathtaking sunsets
5. Grain Waves
6. Clean public toilets
7. Free museums
8. Fresh air
9. Delicious clean water
10. Jaffas (orange coated chocolate balls)
What tops it all off is that my daughter made everything special, extra special.
Reluctantly, I said bye bye to New Zealand.
And flew back to reality.
1. I am grateful for having a most wonderful daughter. She turned 18 today!
2. I am thankful that she had a happy day at school with her friends and will celebrate well.
3. I am thankful that even though I am far away from her, I am very close to her.
4. I am thankful that the “special gift” has been sorted out.
5. I am grateful that a bus took me to work this morning and I survived the trek uphill!
6. I am thankful that just days after starting my new fitness routine I already feel so energized!
7. I am thankful for sparkling mineral water – a healthy replacement for alcohol!
8. I am grateful that my planning has been going well and the next few weeks will run smoothly.
9. Thank you for the sweet words – I am a very very very happy woman.
10. Thank you, Nadia. You are my inspiration.
appreciation, Beauty, birthday, child, Daughter, endorphins, exercise, fitness, Gratitude, list, love, parent, thankful
1. I am thankful for a lovely day at work.
2. I am thankful for my lovely dinner companion who shares the good and the bad with me.
3. I am grateful for the rain – it was light enough to refresh but not heavy enough to soak me.
4. I am thankful for openminded people.
5. I am thankful for the lovely tandas – some night I dance, tonight I tangoed.
6. I am grateful that I have the confidence to believe in what I do.
7. I am thankful for friends who are my biggest advocates.
8. I am thankful for new starts every morning when I wake up.
9. I am thankful for a cozy home to return to every evening.
10. I am grateful that I am self contained.
1. I am grateful for my building supervisor, the little old Mr. Lee, who looks after me so well.
2. I am grateful that my water tap has been fixed and my water pressure is back to normal again!
3. I am grateful that a taxi came along just as I stepped out the door this morning.
4. I am thankful for the lovely little old cab driver who sang to me this morning, serenading me and totally changing my mood.
5. I am grateful that what I thought would have been a very tough day turned out to be great fun and downright hilarious.
6. I am thankful that I have a new colleague who is very caring, supportive and competent.
7. I am thankful that everything went smoother than planned.
8. I am grateful for the beautiful list of activities that my daughter had come up with her boyfriend (all the things we would do when I go to New Zealand!!!) I am just too excited.
9. I am grateful for the surprise dinner invitation tonight when I was too tired to even think about food.
10. I am thankful for the love ice creams that you had left in my refrigerator.