There are beautiful words in every language that defies translation.
Orenda. Pronounced or-en-da, is from the Iroquoian language. A language family of eastern North America, including Cherokee and Mohawk. WIth the exception of Cherokee, all its members are extinct or nearly so. (Source: Wikipedia)
doodles, luminous doodles
a life so luminous, alifesoluminous, art, blogging, doodle, doodles, drawing, drawing on ipad, drawings, drawings artwork, Inspiration, journal, lightness, Luminous, myself, Paper by 53, personal, Wordpress, words
There are times when I am just walking down the street, minding my own business when suddenly I am struck by cluelessness.
As if everyone in the world knows what they are doing and why, and I am the only soul here who is entirely clueless.
Then I look around and think again.
Perhaps everyone else is as clueless as I am. And it’s OK.
No need to panic.
confession, conundrum, doodles, luminous doodles, Only The Courageous, personalised doodles, the dark side, Very Very Very Short Stories
alifesoluminous, art, artwork, blogging, changes, doodle, doodles, draw, drawing, Inspiration, journal, life, life lesson, luminosity, Luminous, myself, personal, relationships, simple, Simplicity, Wordpress
Never sink down to their level is what I say to myself.
As Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
Classiness is not letting them get to you.
Entering a conversation with an ass is the quickest way to become one.
doodles, how to, How to..., luminous doodles, mantra, Only The Courageous, personalised doodles, the dark side
alifesoluminous, art, doodle, drawings, Inspiration, life, mantra, me, personal, relationships, Simplicity, truth, Wordpress
I am going to do regular videos of my drawing process.
These will be posted on the A Life So Luminous YouTube channel which you can subscribe to and share with your friends.
Let me know how you like them and what more you’d like to see!
A Life So Luminous YouTube Channel
alifesoluminous, art, artists, artwork, blogging, changes, doodle, draw, drawings, Inspiration, life, light, love, luminosity, Luminous doodles, process, relationships, video, Wordpress
1. I am thankful that after 115 days of consecutive blogging, my little blog has over 10,000 views!
2. I am thankful for another happy day at work being productive.
3. I am thankful for the cute little cuddly fat baby visitor Lucien who came to the office with his papa and made us all smile even though he threw up on me!
4. I am grateful for the amazing thunderstorm that brought tremendous rain to Hong Kong today.
5. I am thankful for the spare umbrellas in the office that saved me for getting completely soaked.
6. I am grateful for the wonderful dinner tonight where old friends reconnected as new friends.
7. I am thankful for people who are observant listeners.
8. I am thankful for my daughter’s sweet message to me today.
9. I am grateful that I will have a lovely place to stay in NZ when I go there next week.
10. I am thankful that I have a truly blessed life.
alumni, babies, blogging, friendship, gentleness, Gratitude, happiness, joy, list, love, mindfulness, UWC, Wordpress
1. I am grateful for a good start with an old but new client.
2. I am thankful that even someone who seemed like the biggest cynic was won over by my passion and my genuine interest.
3. I am grateful for powerful showers.
4. I am thankful for the quiet one hour rest I had this evening.
5. I am thankful that I always get the support when I ask for it.
6. I am thankful for peppermint tea.
7. I am grateful that my little WordPress blog already has over 9000 views in 104 days!
8. I am thankful that Nadia likes her first birthday present – second special one will be arriving with me at the end of this month.
9. I am grateful that I feel at ease in the city of Singapore – my once a month home away from home.
10. I am thankful for sweet smiles from strangers.
blogging, Daughter, Gratitude, happiness, joy, list, love, Singapore, strangers, support, Wordpress
1. I am thankful for a very lovely week with my family visiting.
2. I am grateful that my mother is strong, healthy and energetic so she can care for my little niece full time.
3. I am thankful that my little niece is so loved by many.
4. I am thankful for the rain today – it cleaned the air and it cleared my mood.
5. I am grateful that it rained at all the right moments today!
6. I am thankful that I have friends who share my world view and passion.
7. I am thankful that my family arrived back in Taiwan safely and happily.
8. I am grateful for hair products that can transform bad hair moments into great hair days.
9. I am grateful for the 200 likes badge I got from WordPress!
10. I am thankful that I am surrounded by inspiring people and inspiring moments.